Either you’re thinking about getting in touch or you’ve already filled out our Get started form. At this stage you’re probably wondering how much it will cost to work with us.
No matter how much we want or need the support, we all want a ballpark idea of how much it’ll cost.
Spoiler alert: In this blog we won’t give you a number.
If we did, we’d be doing you a disservice. We don’t quote in a vacuum. The whole process of creating the proposal (except for actually creating it) involves you, because it’s based on your goals and needs. For starters, the help you need can be very different based on the phase your business is in. There’s not a one-size-fits-all package for B2B tech businesses.
What we will do in this blog is give you complete clarity on how we get to the number.
We have a three stage process to help us come to a quote that matches your needs.
Here’s what to expect once you’ve clicked submit on the start form:
- We’ll schedule a discovery call: this is a brief conversation to establish alignment on what you need and what we can provide.
- We’ll conduct a free health check: to properly quote, we need to understand the quality of the data we’ll start working from. A health check on your financial data in Xero gives us that clarity. It provides us an understanding of the volume and complexity of work needed and it provides you with a walkthrough of your data (good, bad and ugly) and flags up any issues or opportunities being missed. To do this, we’ll request access to your Xero account and connect our analytics tool. You can learn more about the benefits of a Xero health check here.
- We’ll invite you to a proposal meeting: After the health check, we’ll set up a Zoom meeting with you and any key decision makers. In this meeting we’ll uncover the achievements and outcomes you’re looking for, digging into:
- Where you are now
- What you’re aiming for short term
- What you’re aiming for long term
- The services we recommend to help you get there.
At the end of the process, we’ll send a (fully transparent) bespoke quote
We send a video along with our quotes to run through the services we’ve recommended and the fees attached. Click the video below to see a demo run through of a proposal.[Loom run through from James]
All our fees are fixed monthly and designed to include everything you need in a normal year. This means there are no surprise fees. You know exactly what’s coming and what to expect.
Every now and then we do provide a quote for a one-off project, such as claiming R&D tax credits. But a one-off project is exactly that and the need for a project like this will be thoroughly discussed with you upfront.
Here’s what one of our clients had to say about the proposal process:
“I think what was very attractive was that James was giving us fixed price proposals. We’re in a software as a service business where we give people fixed prices, and we had a proposal that felt similar to our model. We understood how much accounting would cost, which is not something we were getting from a lot of folks, because they tend to give you a base fee (and then fee for this and fee for that) and it feels like you have no control over it.” – Satish Jayakumar, Increasingly.
Read more about Satish’s story here: How Thrive saved our SaaS startup thousands in consultancy fees by providing all the finance expertise we needed under one roof.
The handover from your previous accountant is easy
During the proposal process, we’re often asked how easy it is to hand over from one accountant to another. The answer is: it’s really quite easy!
There’s an established process of collaboration behind the scenes between accountants handing over from one to another. They’ll handle the switch as per their obligations under their professional body. Plus, the core of your records exist already in Xero, making it easier than it’s ever been to make this change.
What’s stopping you from getting started?
Here’s that get started form again if you’re keen to get going with a discovery call and health check. If you still have cost concerns or questions about our process, there’s a handy FAQs video on the page addressing the most common questions from founders.